Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Additive and Subtractive


Melting the panda is subtractive. Adding heat may seem to make it additive, but the fact that the panda's form is getting subtracted into something else makes it subtractive.
I then added ink, which is additive.

Molding the melted, colored soap into the shape of a penguin is additive because he is taking on a new shape from what he was.
Molded Soap
I then added paper clips to his head in thought of creating hair. They went through different parts of his body though and I left them like that as spikes that may have killed him.

Paper Clips
I then put him in the freezer which sadly did nothing but make him really cold - I won't count that as anything.

Freezer Time!
I started to make a hole through his body, eliminating soap making it subtractive.
Hole in the body
 I put some googly eyes on the penguin which is additive.
Added Googly Eyes
 When I picked him up again one of his feet fell off; subtractive.
Missing Foot
I planned on cutting a space in between one of his wings so it would have looked like he was moving it. However when I attempted this the wing crumbled off making it subtractive.


No comments:

Post a Comment